Ada Time Trials
2023 Season - Advancing more Improvements!
*** Renew memberships ($35/yr) online with Bike Reg if possible via website!
### Find the TT waiver forms here. They are also available on site.
Rain policy (standard): The time trial coordinator looks at the radar about 5:30. If severe weather risk (aka- lightning bolts), we call it off. A message is sent through the Rapid Wheelmen IO Group chat. If you hear nothing - we are still planning to ride.
Time Trials are held May through August every Monday evening (except during holidays and severe weather) on a 15-mile open course in Ada and are open to all members. Results are recorded each week and available online. Try to improve your time each week!
Questions? Contact Time Trials Coordinator
Every Monday night May through August at Ada Park, first rider off at 6:30:30 pm. Registration closes at 6:15 pm. What we will continue to provide:
- Make you a member of the Rapid Wheelmen Bicycle Club
- Membership is required in order to ride
- FREE activity for Rapid Wheelmen members and immediate family
- Provide official timekeeping on a standard 15 mile course
- Provide a holder for the start
- Results will be available soon after the last rider finishes
- Sorted results by class available on Webscorer
- Season end celebration party
- Fun and Competition
- Course Records for all classes available (For record attempts, we ask for a 48 hour advance notice to arrange for a turn-around spotter)
- All these rider categories are available each night: Men, Women, Merckx*, Burton (Women's Merckx)*, Juniors, Team, Fixed Gear*, Vintage*, Mountain Bike*, Hand Cycle, Tandem, Fat Bike*, Single Speed*, Human Powered Vehicle (HPV)*, BMX*, Cyclocross (CX)*, e-Bike*, Recumbant*, Men 65+, and Women 65+. Merckx and Burton – Basically your road bike. No aero bars. Your chance to honor Eddy Merckx and Beryl Burton.
*- These Classes must be inspected and meet the criteria for that Class. They must be run as they would for their intended purpose (ie – MTN, Cross, BMX, and Fat must have the tires for their regular use, not road tires).
- Pre-Registration by Webscorer is available until 3:00pm day of race.
- From the main Webscorer page, go to Find Races-Find Registrations-Search by Event Name. Then enter Rapid Wheelmen, Refresh Events List. Then choose the appropriate date you wish to ride.
- Day of registration is still available at the park from 5:30pm to 6:15pm.
- Participation/Performance Points Contest for all the categories. Reward for finishing higher in the order. These are also available with Webscorer under Find Races - Find Results
- Our new timing app through Webscorer will handle registrations, start the race, conduct timing, record finishes, then push out individual results via email 10 seconds after each rider finishes.
Time Trials are very visible to the area residents. Please ride in a responsible and courteous manner. Remember, you represent your club.
Who Can Participate?
Time Trials are open to all Rapid Wheelmen members. Not a member? Sign up on-line! If you sign up on-line less than a week before you come to the Time Trials, please bring your payment confirmation. Or download a Membership Application and bring it with you to your first time trial
The Time Trials are truly for participants at any level of fitness. All that is required is that you put forth your very best effort. We welcome people who have never ridden in a race before as well as seasoned athletes. There is room for everyone. If you have never raced before or feel that you may be slower, you can arrive early and request an early start time so that you finish with the others. You will establish your own base time at your own fitness level. You can come back as many times as you like throughout the season and try to improve your personal best time.
How Does It Work?
- We meet at the corner of Grand River and Buttrick in Ada, MI, in the Grand River parking lot of Ada Park.
- Sign up is from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m or see the Pre-Registration instructions above.
You are also required to sign a release form. If you are slower or a novice rider, arrive early enough to sign up for an early start time.
- You will be assigned a start time and bib number.
- Report to the starting area at least 3 minutes before your start time.
- The first rider starts at 6:30:30 p.m. After that, riders leave in 30 second intervals. No warm up or cool down on Grand River after 6:30 p.m.
- The course is out and back for a total of approximately 15 miles, and the terrain is flat to gently rolling.
- Ride on the right side of the road approximately 7.5 miles to the turn-around at the signal ahead sign. There is a big pink X in the middle of the road.
- Turn only when traffic is clear and return.
- Call out your number near the finish line. Once you have completed the Time Trial, do not cross the finish line again. To reach Buttrick by bicycle once you have crossed the finish line, go through the park.
- If we have your email address, you'll receive an email with your finishing time right after you are finished. Or - you may ask the scorer for your time after all riders have finished.
- A securely fastened ANSI/Snell approved helmet must be worn at all times while riding on the course.
- All riders must read and sign a release form.
- Riders under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the release form.
- Riders under 13 must ride with a parent or guardian.
It takes a couple dozen volunteers to run the Time Trials for the 4-month season. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the time trials coordinator.