Maps & Resources
There a variety of resources for riding in the area. If you are looking for maps of the parks, bike trails, mountain bike trails, as well as the roads in the area, see the list below.
If you'd like to see a few recommended riding routes from members of the club, see the "Ride Guide" below.
Maps to ride starts are available within the information for each ride on our calendar.
Mike's Ride Maps (Challenger/FOBID, Dawn Patrol, Dawn Patrol South, Social Rides, Misc. Routes)
If you're looking for a route to ride, new to you, or one that your forgot you knew, try out our Ride Guide, a list of routes and rides that our members have come up with over the years.
Michigan/Regional Maps & Resources
The road riding in West Michigan offers a fabulous variety of flats, hills, gravel, and paved roads.
- MDOT's Regional Cycling Maps these maps indicate road surfaces and traffic on roads over several counties each.
- Grand Rapids and Kent County Maps from Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition (GGRBC)
- Experience GR's Biking Articles a variety of articles aimed across the broad spectrum of cyclists.
Multi Use Trails
Trail-specific resources highlight routes and activities along the Rails-to-Trails system in West Michigan and across the state.
- Michigan Trails Magazine Be sure to pick up the latest edition of this magazine from your local bike shop. It fully covers the state for bike-paths, both paved and gravel surfaced.
- Kent County Parks Trails:
- Ottawa County: Grand River Greenway
Mountain Bike Trails
West Michigan has a fantastic variety of mountain bike trails, most are maintained by the very riders who use them. Get in touch with the Michigan Mountain Biking Association (MMBA) or more locally to Grand Rapids, the West Michigan Mountain Biking Association (WMMBA) to find out more about riding in the area and to help out.
- MMBA - the statewide mountain biking association, be sure to use their site to find other local mtb associations for areas you like to ride.
- Kent County Mountain Biking Trails
- WMMBA - local mountain biking association, does a lot of work the keep those trails going.
- Trails by Singletracks.com
- Off Road Trails by MDOT