Weekly Time Trials
Time Trials are held May through August every Monday evening (except during holidays and severe weather) on a 15-mile course in Ada and are open to all members. Results are recorded each week and published online on this web page. Try to improve your time each week!
Questions? Contact Time Trials Coordinator
Time Trials are very visible to the area residents. Please ride in a responsible and courteous manner. Remember, you represent your club.
Who Can Participate?
Time Trials are open to all Rapid Wheelmen members. Not a member? Sign up on-line! If you sign up on-line less than a week before you come to the Time Trials, please bring your payment confirmation. Or download a Membership Application and bring it with you to your first time trial
The Time Trials are truly for participants at any level of fitness. All that is required is that you put forth your very best effort. We welcome people who have never ridden in a race before as well as seasoned athletes. There is room for everyone. If you have never raced before or feel that you may be slower, you can arrive early and request an early start time so that you finish with the others. You will establish your own base time at your own fitness level. You can come back as many times as you like throughout the season and try to improve your personal best time.
How Does It Work?
Please read the Fact Sheet for important changes for this year.
- We meet at the corner of Grand River and Buttrick in Ada, MI, in the Grand River parking lot of Ada Park.
- Sign up is from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m or contact the time trials coordinator in advance after 4:00 p.m.
You are also required to sign a release form. If you are slower or a novice rider, arrive early enough to sign up for an early start time.
- You will be assigned a start time and number.
- Report to the starting area at least 3 minutes before your start time.
- The first rider starts at 6:30 p.m. After that, riders leave in 30 second intervals. No warm up or cool down on Grand River after 6:30 p.m.
- The course is out and back for a total of approximately 15 miles, and the terrain is flat to gently rolling.
- Ride on the right side of the road approximately 7.5 miles to the turn-around at the signal ahead sign. There is a big pink X in the middle of the road.
- Turn only when traffic is clear and return.
- Call out your number near the finish line. Once you have completed the Time Trial, do not cross the finish line again. To reach Buttrick by bicycle once you have crossed the finish line, go through the park.
- The timer will give the times in the parking lot only after the last rider finishes. Do not approach the timer for your time.
- A securely fastened ANSI/Snell approved helmet must be worn at all times while riding on the course.
- All riders must read and sign a release form.
- Riders under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the release form.
- Riders under 13 must ride with a parent or guardian.
It takes a couple dozen volunteers to run the Time Trials for the 4-month season. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the time trials coordinator.
You may have to refresh your browser (F5) to see the most up-to-date results.